[BRLTTY] Brailliant BI sticky input

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 26 21:58:11 EDT 2015

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015, S. Massy wrote:

> When I say reset, I mean actually choosing the option to reset to
> default configuration in the firmware menu, which also seems to power
> cycle the display. This has been the most reliable way to get out of
> jams so far.

Oh!

>>> This bug
>>> does not seem to occur with the auto-poweroff option disabled.
>>
>> Interesting!
>>
>> Hmm unfortunately I have disabled auto-poweroff, but hit the same issue
>> again a while later.
> Perhaps it's a different issue, then, like a failing button or even
> board.

I did observe issues reconnecting after auto powerdown though. I hadn't
realized but I took the silly habit to leave the display at a point where
the cursor blinks when I go for lunch :-).

> No worries. While we're on the topic, I wonder if you could try and
> reproduce this:
> 1. Switch the display off.
> 2. Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.
> 3. At this point, my display wakes up and reconnects but no input key
>   works.

Ah? Not for me. Just tried.
So it sometimes will take a long time to detect. Sometimes it takes so
long that I give up and power cycle it again. But I don't recall it ever
starting off showing dots but with keys not working.

OTOH if I double click the power button to get the menu, then disconnect,
then reconnect, it bleeps but sometimes it won't be picked up again by
brltty. Admittedly I haven't yet sat down and taken detailed logging when
this happens.

> IOW, it looks like the display isn't waking up properly. My firmware
> model is 2.0.3, using BRLTTY 5.2.

My firmware is 2.0.10.

I have spent considerable time getting a bluetooth dongle to work. Once
navigation keys stopped working but then it appears to have been a
bluetooth connection issue as it immediately reset. Nothing conclusive
yet.

Thanks