[BRLTTY] Brailliant BI sticky input

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Mar 27 04:45:15 EDT 2015

Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon at videotron.ca> writes:

> On Thu, 26 Mar 2015, S. Massy wrote:
>
>> When I say reset, I mean actually choosing the option to reset to
>> default configuration in the firmware menu, which also seems to power
>> cycle the display. This has been the most reliable way to get out of
>> jams so far.
>
> Oh!

When I need a full reset, I just press and hold the power button for
about 15 seconds.

I solved the power-cycle issues with this display for me by mapping a
key on the *keyboard* to RESTARTBRL.  My daily routine, when I come to
the office in the morning is: Press and hold the Brailliant power button
for a few seconds, until it beeps and flashes the display.  Then,
immediately after that, press the keyboard key that invokes RESTARTBRL.
This method is rather reliable, BRLTTY almost always finds the
Brailliant immediately.  It is a bit of a workaround, but it works
nicely for me.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕