[BRLTTY] New BC640 how to???

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Sep 12 11:39:02 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by adrian at pa0rda.nl on 2015/09/12 at 12:56 +0200]

>I think I figured out the knobs on the front of the BC680.
>From left to right:
>Home, Left, Up, Down, Right, Left, Up, Down, Right, Home.
>You can attach two computers to the device and split th 680 into two
>640's which makes sense to me.

Yes, that makes sense. On a BC640:

   Home has a short vertical line at its center.
   Left has a short vertical line near its left end.
   Right has a short vertical line near its right end.
   Up has a long horizontal line near its top.
   Down has a long horizontal line near its bottom.

>There are two identical smartpads on the 680, knobs from left to right:
>This is an estimated guess:
>F1, F2, Center,  ?1, ?2,.

I'm going to guess that the right two are F3 and F4. On a BC640:

   F1 has three horizontal lines.
   F2 has one horizontal line.
   F3 has one vertical line.
   F4 has three vertical lines.

>Indeed five knobs, The center is having four positions, you can move it
>up down left and right, no clue what this positions do.

I suspect it can also be pressed. On a BC640, there are four short, thin
buttons that form a square (with the corners missing), and a small, round
button in the middle. These form what one might call a five-position
directional pad.