[BRLTTY] brltty5.2 alpine2.11 cursor tracking

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Fri Sep 18 17:02:22 EDT 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Dave Mielke wrote:
>
> > [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2015/09/14 at 18:11 -0400]
> >
> > >I really do enjoy the current display refresh snappiness and
> > >I'd like for my refresh delay to remain at 0.
> >
> > Could you give the latest code (with a 5ms delay) a (fair) test? I don't think
> > that this rather short delay is noticeable.
>
> Agreed.

Well... It's been a few days since I've been running that brltty version
on my BC640.  I don't know how the 5ms delay might affect things other
than the screen refresh rate, but it seems that some braille display key
events are dropped. Of course this is more visible with key release
events that show as stuck keys.  It seems to occur only with combination
of multiple keys so far, especially those that moves the display across
multiple lines such as NXDIFCHAR or NXDIFLINE.  Maybe in that case,
since there are more such key events to process simultaneously and more
work is performed to move the window, something might be lost due to a
race or something.

It usually took many hours between occurrences of this problem,
therefore this is very hard to reproduce reliably.

I've been using my previous brltty version for a couple hours now and
this issue appears to be gone.  I don't remember experiencing this
before I tested the latest brltty either.

Nicolas