[BRLTTY] OT: On screen Braille keyboard for Android (Soft Braille Keyboard)

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton10 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:13:01 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Recently I released an app for Android which facilitates entering text into
any edit field in Android by using the touch screen as a Braille keyboard
and typing with six or eight Braille fingers.

This app is a complete keyboard replacement and can be used anywhere in
android that the system keyboard is shown. You type using the usual Braille
fingers and the app supports an array of text manipulation / reading
commands to make editing easy and fast. The app can be found on Google Play
here
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dalton.braillekeyboard&hl=en>.
The complete documentation is here <https://goo.gl/O2UHN9>. Soft Braille
Keyboard (SBK) supports several Braille layouts so that you can configure
the keyboard to suit your needs whether you have a small or large screen.
Here is a short summary of SBK's features:

   - Input 6 or 8 dot Braille with the touch screen of your device.
   - Two keyboards - a vertical mode for small screens like phones and a
   traditional / horizontal mode for larger screens like tablets.
   - Fully self voicing app with vibration and audible feedback.
   - Motion commands move by character, word, line and start / end of text.
   - Delete text by character, word, line and all.
   - Edit actions such as text selection, cut, copy and paste.
   - Support for a variety of Braille tables and languages please see the
   list in the Play store listing or the SBK user guide linked above.
   - Privacy screen, so that people can't read as you type.
   - Switch between your favourite Braille tables on the fly.
   - Change common settings on the fly.
   - Spell checking
   - Voice dictation
   - Other keyboard features like auto-capitalisation and double-space
   period.
   - Character, word and line count statistics.

If you are still not convinced please drop me an email off list and I'll be
very happy to send you a free trial version.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Daniel Dalton