[BRLTTY] brltty new user

chrys87 chrys87 at web.de
Sun Jul 3 08:36:59 EDT 2016

Howdy,

 >that it'd add to what brltty already provides. Speech, by nature, is
slow so
Speech is not always as slow as we think. My girlfriend for example use
really hight speech rates.

 >I'm not understanding why one would want anything other than the
line(s) one is
 >actually looking for to be spoken. Wouldn't it be much faster,
therefore, to
 >just let the command finish and then to look for the interesting line(s)?

if i type for example "ls" i want to (have to) look for all these lines
to find the needed information.
In a MUD game for example you always have to cursor around to see if new
chat messages or game situations are present.
in practice mostly there is no flood if information except to the
package manager XD. but in this case (if something went wrong) i also
would be able to cursor around to find the needed lines.

>As I recall, yasr was a change to the screen program. If so, it, like Speakup,
>was in the position of being able to hook right into what's being written to
>the screen.

I m not deep in this, but a look into the code looks really "handmade"
but would not put my hands on fire for this.

cheers chrys