[BRLTTY] got brltty working, now some questions

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 4 09:25:11 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Devin Prater on 2016/07/04 at 03:33 -0500]

>Is it possible to have braille input be contracted, as well as output? I’d
>wanna type in contracted braille, at least for documents and email.

No, typing in contracted braille isn't supported.

>sometimes, especially when quitting programs, typing, for example, ls, then
>doing joystick press to get back to the last position to read output only
>moves to the beginning of the current prompt. Any way to fix this?

It's not clear, at least to me, what the problem is. Perhaps part of it is that
each type of braille display has its own key bindings, so, without knowing
which type of braille display you have, it's not possible to know what pressing
the joystick is supposed to do.

Could you please describe your problem in greater detail?