[BRLTTY] pacing line output to a Braille terminal?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Jul 4 12:34:11 EDT 2016

On Jul 3, 2016, at 22:43, Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Rich Morin (2016/07/03 16:18 -0700):
>> On Jul 3, 2016, at 15:40, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>>> I guess what you want to use is BrlAPI.
>>> http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/Manual-BrlAPI/English/BrlAPI.html
>>
>> Thanks; that's certainly one possibility.  However, this API is based
>> on C; might there be a message-based API (eg, JSON, REST, socket I/O)
>> that would be more language independent?
>
> The C API uses a socket-based one. There are bindings available for
> several languages: Lisp, Java, Python, OCaml...

Cool: I'll try to find some information on that.

On a related question, I haven't had any luck in finding out how fast
these sorts of devices can respond to new data (eg, accept the data,
raise and lower the appropriate pins).  Can anyone give me an estimate
or (better) point me to any documentation?

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation