[BRLTTY] pacing line output to a Braille terminal?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Jul 4 14:02:56 EDT 2016

Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> wrote:

> On a related question, I haven't had any luck in finding out how fast
> these sorts of devices can respond to new data (eg, accept the data,
> raise and lower the appropriate pins).  Can anyone give me an estimate
> or (better) point me to any documentation?

Since they generally use similar piezoelectric actuators, I would expect
response times to be similar. I don't recall those details ever appearing in
manuracturers' specifications, since the displays are responsive enough for
practical purposes - they can refresh more quickly than anyone could possibly
read.

If you really need to know, then measure the responsiveness of the device that
you plan to use for testing, and assume that others are similar.