[BRLTTY] pacing line output to a Braille terminal?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Jul 4 14:14:51 EDT 2016

On Jul 4, 2016, at 11:02, Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> wrote:
> Since they generally use similar piezoelectric actuators, I would
> expect response times to be similar.

As I understand it, all of the actuators are made by a single firm.

> I don't recall those details ever appearing in manufacturers'
> specifications, since the displays are responsive enough for
> practical purposes - they can refresh more quickly than anyone
> could possibly read.

Quite true, in the general case.  However, my application uses the
display in a very unusual fashion.

> If you really need to know, then measure the responsiveness of the
> device that you plan to use for testing, and assume that others are
> similar.

If no specifications are available, measurement is certainly a valid
way to get a reasonable estimate.  However, I'd still like to get an
"official" answer.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation