[BRLTTY] pacing line output to a Braille terminal?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Jul 4 14:29:04 EDT 2016

Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, all of the actuators are made by a single firm.

There are several firms. KGS in Japan make braille display cell technology.
VFO Group in the US do likewise (they formed as a merger of Freedom Scientific
and Optelec, and recently acquired AI Squared, but the latter isn't relevant
in this discussion).

Metec in Germany are a braille display cell manufacturer also. I don't know whether
HIMS in South Korea manufacture their own or acquire them from elsewhere.
> If no specifications are available, measurement is certainly a valid
> way to get a reasonable estimate.  However, I'd still like to get an
> "official" answer.

For anything official, you would need to contact a vendor (and whatever
details they provide would only apply, strictly speaking, to their products).