[BRLTTY] Screen not in text mode

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Jul 11 21:43:58 EDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, Amanda Lacy wrote:

> I'm able to cat the brlapi.key file. My user is in the sudo group and
> the file is associated with root. Can you think of anything else I
> might check? Thanks.

Sorry for not answering sooner. You can get orca to generate a log that
will tell you if it's having trouble communicating with brltty. Put
something like the following in .local/share/orca/orca-customizations.py:

import orca
orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_ALL
orca.debug.debugFile = open('debug.out', 'w', 1)

Then restart orca. It will log to a file called debug.out. You can then
scan this file for "braille" or "BrlTTY" to look for errors.

Hth,
-Mike