[BRLTTY] problems after upgrading to brltty 5.4

J.G jozko.gregorc at guest.arnes.si
Tue Jul 12 06:43:55 EDT 2016

Hi,

Questions are inserted between your reply.

Thanks for your help.

Jožef

> [quoted lines by J.G on 2016/07/12 at 11:42 +0200]
>
>>I'm using Win7 (32-bit) with NVDA, which is attached to Alva Satellite
>>through brltty and serial to usb converter. After I updated brltty, a
>>display does not work.
>
> Which release of brltty (that worked) were you using before?

It was brltty version 4. I forgot, which was last number.

>>What should I do to solve a problem?
>
> We need to see a debug log. Please update your brltty.conf to specify:
>
>    log-level debug,serial,inpkts,outpkts,brldrv
>    log-file /the/path/to/some/file/for/logging

Excuse me, can I copy these 2 lines directly to brltty.conf or should
i replace any part of them with other arguments or parameters? I ask
this, because I do not know console apps very well, due to using gui
programs frequently.

>>In brltty configurator i chose Alva and "com1" because my converter is on
>> com1.
>
> Could you please post your actual brltty.conf so that we can have a look at
>
> exactly how this is specified?

I will post it at your private address. See next mail.