[BRLTTY] Introducing myself, and a question regarding BRLTTY for Windows

Felix Grützmacher - Handy Tech Elektronik GmbH felix.gruetzmacher at handytech.de
Tue Jul 12 10:14:28 EDT 2016

Hello,
the USB-HID adapter is a piece of hardware that makes the older FTDI USB to
serial-based devices, such as Braille Star 80, available as HID devices so
they can be used without the administrative privileges which would usually
be required for installing the FTDI driver.
So, for example, the adapter turns an FTDI-based Braille Star 40 into an
HID-based one.
Is anyone on here using an Active Braille, Basic Braille or Active Star with
the current BRLTTY? If so, what firmware is running on the device?
I'll test again on another machine just to make sure it's not just this
system having a problem. I'll also test with a Basic Braille.
I'm quite sure you are doing everything right, as we never changed anything
substantial about the USB layer in the Active Braille firmware. So there is
no older and newer communication protocol with Active Braille, it's just as
it always was.
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards

Felix Grützmacher
Softwareentwickler

Handy Tech Elektronik GmbH
Brunnenstraße 10
72160 Horb
Germany

Tel: +49 (0)7451 5546-37
Fax: +49 (0)7451 5546-67
E-Mail: felix.gruetzmacher at handytech.de
Internet: www.handytech.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Horb-Nordstetten - Handelsregister Stuttgart HRB
440471 - Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Siegfried Kipke - USt-IdNr.: DE 213 128
795
headquarter: Horb-Nordstetten · company registration office: Stuttgart HRB
440471 · owner / manager: Dipl.-Ing. Siegfried Kipke · USt-IdNr.: DE 213 128
795

Werden Sie Teil unserer Handy Tech Internetgemeinde und bleiben Sie immer
informiert!
Join the Handy Tech web-community and stay up to date!
Facebook: Deutsch, English, Youtube, Twitter, RSS-Feed: Deutsch, English