[BRLTTY] Introducing myself, and a question regarding BRLTTY for Windows

Klaus Knopper brltty at knopper.net
Tue Jul 12 12:44:32 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'd like to remark that a driver supporting the new HID-frame based
protocol of Handytech Active Braille, also supporting the
"speak-on-touch" feature, is implemented in SBL 3.5.1 for quite a while
now. You may be able to construct an adaption to brltty by looking at
sbl/HT/varilow.c from the SBL sources.

It's included in the Knoppix Audio Desktop (boot option "adriane") since
version 7.x and seems to work nicely with the Handytech Active Braille
(and possibly others).

Regards
-Klaus