[BRLTTY] Introducing myself, and a question regarding BRLTTY for Windows

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Wed Jul 13 10:38:40 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave, Felix and others!

Thank you so much for investigating into getting Active Braille
working with the Windows version of BRLTTY. I tried it some time ago,
but wasn't able to get it working.

[Dave]
> [quoted lines by Felix Grützmacher - Handy Tech Elektronik GmbH on 2016/07/12 at 16:14 +0200]
>
> I know we have Active Braille users but we don't keep track of which users use
> what. Hopefully at least one of them is reading this list right now.

Yes, I'm using Active Braille with BRLTTY, both on Android and Linux,
mostly with bluetooth. But it works on USB as well, at least when
connecting to a PC with Linux. On Raspberry Pi 2b, however, it works,
but not reliable. That's certainly another matter. I've never tried
connecting the device to the Android device through USB.

The information I can obtain from the device, is the following:

- Firmware 4.0. It did work before upgrading to 4.0 as well.

- Braille 2.7 (flash)

- USB host 1.2

- Bluetooth Not available.

Hope that helps