[BRLTTY] Introducing myself, and a question regarding BRLTTY for Windows

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 14 13:32:22 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2016/07/14 at 18:44 +0200]

>Microsoft stoped using a temp folder directly under the drive c: years
>ago.

Shows how little I know about Windows. :-)

>I solved this by only specifying the file name.

Which folder was it then created in?

Maybe, so I can understand how brltty works on Windows better, you could try
specifying a full path in a few different ways just as an experiment. One way
might be to omit the DRIVE: prefix. Anotehr way might be to use forward slashes
rather than backward ones.

>Please find it attached.

Your problem is different than Felix is having because, in your case, the
device isn't even being opened. Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you using
libusb or libusb-1.0? If libusb, are you using the device driver or the filter
driver?