[BRLTTY] Yet another way to break brltty

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Mon Jul 18 16:50:26 EDT 2016

On 18/07/2016 22:28, Amanda Lacy wrote:
> Or at least make it unusable.
>
> The Braille presentation menu use to have the options 6-dot computer
> Braille, 8-dot computer Braille and contracted. The third option now
> shows nothing but full cells (all 8 dots) instead of contracted. I
> selected this option to see what would happen. Now my display shows
> nothing but all 8 dots, for everything, forever. I can see the
> "Preferences menu" message but beyond that everything is dotted out.
> What is this feature for?

Completely off topic: Amanda, maybe you are the former student
in physics helped by Richard Baldwin for diagrams and doodles?

This makes me ask: is anyone on this list aware of usage of
3D printers to help blind people get the feeling of curves
or other shapes and drawings for instance?

I ask because as these printers are becoming affordable,
maybe this could help?

Just curious.

Didier