[BRLTTY] An App causes BRLTTY to Crash

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:17:07 EDT 2016

Yesterday, I got an iGrill bluetooth thermometer and installed its app, iDevices Connected.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idevicesllc.connected
When you launch the app,, you have a little dashboard with all your connected iGrill devices. You double tap on the device to enter its dashboard.
When you go into the device dashboard, BRLTTY crashes, or something--i'm not sure exactly what.
Talkback keeps saying, BRLTTY 5.4 REV BRLTTY whatever, over and over again; and the display goes blank. Only by hitting the back button to return to the app's main screen will BRLTTY resume. I don't get the usual Android app crash message. You know the one where it apologetically says something like Unfortunately, BRLTTY has stopped working, and you get an OK button.
Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I can use ADB to pull a log if necessary. This is the latest BRLTTY APK downloaded two weeks ago and Lollipop.