[BRLTTY] cannot install brltty 5.4 latest git on gentoo

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 24 05:26:41 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2016/07/24 at 00:48 -0400]

>I would love to do that, but its not available to me in the gentoo
>repository.  I don't know who the maintainer is, but maybe I can find
>him and ask him if he will upgrade things.

If upgrading is impossible then post your .pc file for Speech Dispatcher and
I'll return an edited version. Note, however, that modifying it may mess up
anything else on your system that compiles against Speech Dispatcher.

Another possiblity would be to add a synlink in /usr/include for libspeechd.h.
This is probably the safest thing to do.