[BRLTTY] xbrlapi problem

saeid javani javani.saeid at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 06:49:32 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have compiled and installed brltty from source in raspbian (I have
written and added a braille display driver to brltty).

The problem is that after a few minutes working with my device and key
presses, the xbrlapi doesn't respond to key presses. Braille output on
braille display is ok but braille keyboard doesn't work. If I restart the
xbrlapi manually, then everything works fine.

I have tried to figure out what is happening from brltty logs, but nothing
appears in brltty log about xbrlapi error(s).

Note :
   I wanted to allow the users to change the input language of raspbian, so
in my braille driver, I have the following codes :

  system("setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle ir,us") ;
or
  system("setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle us,ir") ;

so with some key combinations, the system language can be changed.

By adding this functionality to braille driver, I had to start brltty and
xbrlapi after starting Xsession, so I added two scripts (60brltty and
60xbrlapi) to /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ to start them. (but the problem that I
have mentioned, occures even if brltty starts with default script in boot
time)