[BRLTTY] jumpy bumps

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 5 09:00:38 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Brian Tew on 2016/06/05 at 05:19 -0500]

> I would like brltty to not move at all unless I Tell it to.
>Is this possible?  I have played with cursor tracking, cursor visibility
>and sliding window settings, but even with all these off it still jumps when new text comes.

If cursor tracking is off then the display won't move by itself.

>Say I am chatting in irc.  If the chat is moving at all fast
>I cannot read one comment before the display is jerked to the next.

What's probably happening is that the conversation lines are scrolling on the
screen. In other words, the braille display is staying on the line that you put
it on, but the lines on the screen are probably scrolling upward so the content
of the line you're on is changing accordingly.