[BRLTTY] jumpy bumps

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:06:01 EDT 2016

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> What's probably happening is that the conversation lines are scrolling on the
> screen.
If you have your irc window in a Screen session you can press C-A left bracket and enter copy mode. This loads the contents of the screen into a buffer for easier perusal. BRLTTY has a similar function as well.
Unless your channel is rather slow, or you are a very fast braille reader, I find it easier to pay attention to irc with speech. Freezing the screen (BRLTTY command) or copy mode (Screen command) gets rather inefficient. Either that, or you can use irc to improve your braille reading speed. Grin.