[BRLTTY] Baum driver not stable

André-Abush Clause listes at andreabc.net
Sat Jun 25 21:27:25 EDT 2016

On 2016-06-25 04:14, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by André-Abush Clause on 2016/06/24 at 20:40 +0200]
>
>> Since several weeks, I search to run BRLTTY with driver Baum.
>> Unfortunately, it seems that it doesn't work. Indeed, BRLTTY crashes
>> constantly when I using keyboard.
>
> Are you aware that you have more than one brltty running at the same
> time? If
> you are, could you please explain what each one is to be doing so that
> we can
> better understand what's going on. If not, perhaps that's the source of
> your
> problem.

Thank you for your reply.

Hmm... Nevertheless, I don't have multiple instances of brltty. Anyway,
I don't see more than a brltty process together when this occurs.

Additional details:
- The problem doesn't occur with the BrlAPI. Eg. it works perfectly with
Orca. So, the problem occurs in TTY mode only.
- In the system logs, I have the next error regularly:
`kernel: usb 1-1: usbfs: cmd failed USBDEVFS_CONTROL brltty rqt 128 rq 6
len ret 255 -110`

Please see the attached file for more infos.

Thanks again,

André