[BRLTTY] 5.4 has been released.

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Jun 30 08:38:34 EDT 2016

On 29/06/2016 16:27, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2016/06/29 at 10:50 +0200]

>>> Yes Dave I will try.
>>>
>>> @Philippe: please wait that I send you a fixed package before testing.
>>>
>>> @Patrick: I will let you know the outcome so that you know if upgrading is safe.
>>
>> Bad news:
>> 1. I do not have the message from udevd anymore but...
>> 2. Philippe's Braille display does not work at all after upgrading.
>>   Unfortunately he can't investigate further right now (no sighted
>>   person around to help so he can't access his computer).
>>
>> So I would suggest that another user without systemd tests 5.4 if
>> possible. Just wondering: maybe these recent changes:
>>> Systemd/Udev changes:
>>>   Multiple USB braille devices are handled - each starts its own brltty.
>>>   Disconnecting a USB braille device stops the associated brltty.
>> are causing the issue? But that's just an assumption, of course.
>>
>> Didier
>
> I'm not sure what you meant aout #450 for the quote. Just in case, my edited
> udev.rules is attached to this message. Note that it contains more changes than
> just fixing the quote problem.

Sorry I couldn't answer to this message sooner although I saw it yesterday.
By the way a message that I sent to your email address was also rejected
(and sorry to have bothered you with this issue in two voicemail messages).

To clarify, in the source tarball I sent to Philippe, only the commit
#cbdd024 was somehow applied (I was not aware of the further ones then).

But it seemed to work with just this one, so should we make more tests
with all commits applied and if the answer is yes, what use cases should
be tested?

Didier