[BRLTTY] brltty in windows

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Mon Mar 14 08:53:20 EDT 2016

When you are testing BRLTTY on Windows, I think the best is to turn
off other screen readers, including NVDA. Next, I suggest opening a
command window (cmd.exe). Some of your messages on the display, I can explain:

> next time it detects my device and shows "no attachable ...",

You are not in a window that BRLTTY can read.

> sometimes it shows "no foreground ...".

Which means the same.

BRLTTY can only read the command window, or other screen reader may
communicate with BRLTTY through brlapi. Try first the command window.

Hope this helps

Lars