[BRLTTY] brltty in windows

saeid javani javani.saeid at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:41:04 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> I think you may have misunderstood me. Brltty doesn't automatically stop
> and
> start, but your attempts to get brltty to work did involve manually
> stopping
> and starting it. This, in turn, may have caused NVDA to believe that there
> was
> a problem. That's why I'm suspecting that restarting NVDA may work.

The confusing thing is that brltty behavior is not stable and predictable
in my machine. For example, with the same libusb driver (provided by .inf
file in brltty/bin), some times it detects my device and shows a
meaningless message in braille display, with next reboot it cannot find my
device (in usbFindDevice() function, usbDeviceList is NULL), next time it
detects my device and shows "no attachable ...", sometimes it shows "no
foreground ...".

This kind of random behavior makes it hard to find the problem. I think
that the problem is in libusb driver for windows. I just added my device's
VIP,PID to the .inf file, and then from windows device manager  and in
update driver phase chose the .inf file from brltty as driver. ( I have
tested the suggestions in the README.txt file). Is it the right way to
install libusb driver?