[BRLTTY] introduction

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Mar 19 15:12:36 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/03/19 at 13:43 -0500]

>Ok, I've got a debug log of brltty, as well as a file called "status"
>which is the systemctl status brltty output. Attached below.

Which tty is your X servder running on. I don't see any console siwtching
taking place. What I'm seeing is brltty dying right after start-up, as soon as
it's having a look at tty0.

It's being killed with SIGABRT, which is very strange. It almost seems as
though systemd itself may be deciding to kill it.

The only place that brltty itself calls abort() (which'd cause a SIGABRT) is if
the BrlAPI client encounters a non-recoverable error and its default exception
handler is being used. This can't be your case because you're no longer using
the BrlAPI braille driver.

Can you capture a core dump of the crash? If so, please compress the core file
before attaching it (to protect it from being mangled somewhere out there in
email land), and also include your brltty executable (unstripped if possible)
so that the core dump will make more sense. Note that the brltty executable is
stripped when installed but it's still unstripped within the build tree.