[BRLTTY] Terminal Type for Braille Edge connected via BRLTTY

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 01:07:46 EDT 2016

We are using a Raspberry PI with BRLTTY installed connected to a HIMS Braille Edge.
This is the issue.
If we use an editor such as Nano the up and down arrows work fine on the display moving through the lines. The cursor routing buttons also permit moving the cursor horizontally in either direction on a line so that full editing is functional.
However we are working with another program which presents one line to the display and when we move up or down via the arrows on the keyboard it presents a new line.
In this case the up and won arrow on the Edge, do not behave the same way as the arrows on the keyboard.
Why is this?
What terminal type does the Braille Edge appear to the system as?
-Kevin