[BRLTTY] Terminal Type for Braille Edge connected via BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 2 07:07:09 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Kevin Fjelsted on 2016/09/02 at 06:00 -0500]

>How is it that the Edge arrows work correctly in Nano or other editors then?

They don't. They're navigation keys - not arrow keys. They change which part of
the screen is being shown on the braille display. That's all. You'll find that
the screen cursor isn't following this motion.

>Also the cursor routing keys work.

Yes, because they do send actual arrow keys.

>How do we make an application aware of these? Is this the BRLTTY-API that you
>previously referred to?

Yes. If you'd like your program to take over the functionality of those keys
then you'll need to use BrlAPI.

>Is there doc on this?

Yes.