[BRLTTY] the orbit display

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:10:12 EDT 2016

hi
I've just been told about this display from a member on the sonar
support list. I don't know much about it except it's some kind of group
effort by a bunch of blindness organizations to create an affordable
display that's going to have usb and bluetooth connectivity. I don't
think it's out yet, but has anyone hear heard of it? When it comes out
is it going to have brltty support? I've been asked to get a couple for
testing in sonar. I might be able to manage that if the entire community
pools it's resources. The sonar community, not you guys, although I
wouldn't turn down help from anyone. The point is,  if it doesn't work
in brltty yet, will it? If so, I'll get at least one for sonar devs to
use to make sure it works with sonar out of the box. Ths is a lot easier
thanks to you guys work on policy kit. Whoever thought of that deserves
a cold beer and a life time supply of coffee. Genious! Does this display
"officially" support linux or is it the usual story, windows mac and
possibly android? I can look this up on my own if I need to, but my
social media manager wants to actually contact whoever is developing
this display to get them involved to make sure it works with linux, and
I'd like to know if he'll be accepted or rejected as that "1 percent"
like usually happens. I know brltty works on multiple platforms which is
whyI came hear. If it works with brltty it will work on linux, windows,
mac,  and ... I think android?

Thanks
Kendell Clark