[BRLTTY] could this be a bug?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 7 01:23:09 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/09/06 at 22:17 -0500]

>Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. When I build
>brltty and then start it, after the brltty version 5.4 etc message, what
>looks like 445426 appears on the display for about 3 seconds,

It should read: BRLTTY-5.4-66-g8d46edbf

That doesn't look the same. Perhaps you could check your system log to be
sure since that won't disappear.

>followed by the "screen not in text mode" message. This is with plugging in
>the display after orca has started to test the patch. In order to fix it I had
>to reinstall the packaged version of brltty, and then restart both brltty and
>orca, and braill works again.

Perhaps I've misunderstood something, then, because I thought that that was the
problem (connecting the braille display after Orca had started) so I don't
understand why going back to the old version would fix it.