[BRLTTY] could this be a bug?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 7 02:36:59 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/09/07 at 01:26 -0500]

>Ok, testing with a fresh copy built from source it was indeed the commit
>ID I was seeing. But after that went away all I got was "screen not in
>text mode" until I downgraded back to the installed copy and restarted
>both brltty and orca, then braille worked. But only after restarting
>them both. I then restarted the computer to make sure the bug was back
>and it was. So I'm not sure if the bug is fixed and something else went
>wrong, or ... I'm stumped.

What happens if you use the new code and the braille display is connected
before Orca starts?

What happens if, again using the new code, you restart brltty first, and then
restart Orca?

Which version of Orca are you using? I'm wondering if you're using an older
version of Orca that only tries the connect once, right at startup. Perhaps you
can capture an Orca log to see if it just tries once or if it retries.