[BRLTTY] BRLTTY crash

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Sep 25 00:18:09 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2016/09/24 at 16:11 +0200]

>I was able to hunt down the cause. Speech Dispatcher is not started on my system
>automatically. In the asynchronous_event.c, a pointer is supplied to the event
>handler function, but it's not checked for null. I've inserted the check and I
>have not seen a crash until now.
>Please let me know whether the check is at the appropriate place and consider
>including the patch.

I'd rather not resolve it that way as, since that argument should never be
NULL, checking for NULL will end up obscuring real problems elsewhere.

I've just tried simulating a speech driver start failure by trying to start one
that doesn't exist. Doing this doesn't reproduce the problem. Could you please
log with -ldebug,speech,spkdrv so I can try to figure out how it's failing?