[BRLTTY] NVDA with Alva Delphi on Windows 10 x64

Aquilino Rodrigues rodrigues.aq at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:27:43 EDT 2017

Hello fellow members,

I am trying to use an Alva Delphi display with NVDA on my windows 10 64 bit
machine.

I went through the steps described in readme.txt:
- run brttycnf.exe and chose Alva and Com1
- run python\Brlapi-0.6.5.win32

I am using a USB-to-serial converter configured to COM1.

In NVDA I choose Brltty and get a error message - device not found (or
similar). The Alva has no braille.
I ran debug and after some time the braille display started beeping and
showing random text. The debug had to be aborted because it never stopped.

Please give me some advise!

With kind regards
Aquilino Rodrigues