[BRLTTY] braille star 40

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Wed Mar 29 20:14:54 EDT 2017

Okay, I got it to work but it's still a bit strange. This is a usb cable interface but it does not work with usb: and I haven't found a serial number to try that. What does work is

brltty -b ht -d cu.usbserial-142

which I tried because I found it listed when I tried ls /dev/cu.*

That worked from the command line so I tried putting serial: in front of it in the brltty.conf even though I know voiceover doesn't support serial braille displays and that also worked. I do find that if I start brltty and at some point start voiceover up again the display is immediately pulled into voiceover for braille instead of brltty whereas with the Braille Edge I can switch voiceover back on once brltty is running without voiceover grabbing the braille display. But the main thing is that I do have it working.
.
--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth