[BRLTTY] (Solved) Unable to compile brltty after upgrade to Mac High Sierra 10.13.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Nov 8 10:28:17 EST 2017

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak at gmail.com> on 2017/11/07 at 11:50 -0600]

>Usually when doing compiling in my home directory it is not necessary
>to use sudo for make though I do need to use it for make install. I
>believe I had tried using sudo when the compile was being stopped by
>errors having to do with brlapi but I think I hadn't tried that when
>trying to compile with brlapi disabled or immediately after the
>brlapi problem was fixed.
>I just now tried running make with sudo and it compiled. So now I can
>running make.

Cool, but I'm still wondering why you need to be root (other than to install)
when doing a make. This shouldn't be. I'm wondering if, maybe, somethinga about
the command search path is different. Could you try making your user command
search path be the same as your root commmand search path and doing the make?

Get your root command search path with: sudo echo $PATH
Set your user command search path with: export PATH=
Verify your user command search path with: echo $PATH
So do something like this: export PATH=`sudo echo $PATH`

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |