[BRLTTY] cursor routing not working correctly

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 14 16:08:37 EST 2017

[quoted lines by Vikash Kesarwani on 2017/11/14 at 17:00 +0530]

>cursor routing is not correctly working with contraction. I am using
>liblouis (en-us-g2.ctb)

To confirm: Am I correct that you're specifying louis:en-us-g2.ctb for your
contraction table?

>I a have following text on a terminal - "hello people of the world" when I
>send command to for routing at any character it moves character to 0th cell
>and brl->cursor value is set to 19(for a 20 cell braille display). while it
>should be placed at "p", 6th cell.

Which version of liblouis are you using?

Do you have a similar problem when using a brltty contraction table?

>Any idea why this might be happening.

Yes, actually. In certain cases, lilouis does have a problem maintaining the
data that screen readers use to place the cursor. I'm hoping that they'll have
this problem resolved for their next release.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |