[BRLTTY] Brltty for Android and Android warning

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Apr 1 10:11:13 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Mgr. Janusz Chmiel on 2018/04/01 at 14:29 +0200]

>Is it possible to really force Android 6.0, that it will really
>remember USB device,  which have been used by Brltty. Because even if
>I confirm The corresponding checkbox in Android device connedct
>permission dialog, when ever I restart The device, or if I bestart
>Brltty service, it require permission confirmation again.

I've spent some time trying to find a way, but, so far, without success.

>It is sad, that Google did not allow developer to add some item
>inside androidmanifest.xml or that dialog window do not store
>previous setting.

I agree. Bluetooth devices only need to be paired once, and it ought to be the
same (well, similar) for USB devices.

>I do not know, if it is possible to use Android 8 0 without this issue.

It should be okay. I have an Android 8.1 device but haven't been able to test
USB access with it yet as I still need to get an OTG USB-C cable.

>Brltty for Android work perfectly and this is my biggest problem, but
>it is very probably Android problem.

Yes, it's an Android issue.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |