[BRLTTY] New Android apk.

Robert Pösel robyer at seznam.cz
Wed Apr 25 03:49:58 EDT 2018

Hi,

sorry for late answer.

> Dave Mielke <mailto:dave at mielke.cc>
> středa 4. dubna 2018 12:44via Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Is the 8.0 notification channel working properly?
Yes, everything seems okay.

>> And the icon looks much better now. For normal app I would say it
>> might be improved further, but as app for blind people it's
>> definitely good enough.
> I'm always open to improving it. Nothing wrong with making it look good for
> sighted people. I just need the help of sighted people to come up with
> something better. I was able to create the current one with the convert command
> of ImageMagick.
I'm sending improved image in attachment. It is basically the same
image, but I fixed contrast and position of the dots.

>> Also icon for input service looks okay too. It's visible only in one place in
>> settings anyway, when enabling the input service (at least I haven't seen it
>> anywhere else).
> I'm not supplying one so it must be a default one. What's the picture? I still
> think that a braille keyboard would be nice.
It shows the application image, i.e., braille_service.png. I would say
it's okay and it doesn't need special image.

I have one unrelated issue/request - currently when I have enabled
BRLTTY and then I connect some usb device (any device, like external
keyboard or anything) to my phone, BRLTTY shows (system) dialog that it
wants to use the USB device and it's annoying to always close it. I
think it shouldn't try to automatically connect to USB devices. And/or
there should be option to enable/disable automatic connecting to usb
devices. But in case it is enabled, it should check if the connected
device is one of supported braille devices and only then trigger the
connection dialog. Another way instead of that automatic connecting
there might be button in options that will let user trigger search for
connected usb devices manually.

Robert