[BRLTTY] New Android apk.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 25 07:32:42 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Robert Pösel on 2018/04/25 at 09:49 +0200]

>I'm sending improved image in attachment. It is basically the same
>image, but I fixed contrast and position of the dots.

Thanks. It's committed to the repository and will be in the next apk that's
released.

>when I have enabled BRLTTY and then I connect some usb device (any device,
>like external keyboard or anything) to my phone, BRLTTY shows (system) dialog
>that it wants to use the USB device and it's annoying to always close it. I
>think it shouldn't try to automatically connect to USB devices. And/or there
>should be option to enable/disable automatic connecting to usb devices. But in
>case it is enabled, it should check if the connected device is one of
>supported braille devices and only then trigger the connection dialog. Another
>way instead of that automatic connecting there might be button in options that
>will let user trigger search for connected usb devices manually.

That isn't how it's intended to work. Could you please check your lg to see if
brltty is reporting that it's needing to read the actual device descriptor?

If that's the problem then there's a new way to do that without opening the
device. I'd like to be sure it's the problem, though, before making that
change.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |