[BRLTTY] New Android apk.

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Apr 25 13:47:46 EDT 2018

I would like to thank MR Tibault and MR Mielke for this newest release
of Brltty for Android. Without yours hard programmers work, many users
of USB Braille displays would be forced to obtain some grant or buy
newest Blue tooth Braille device. And I very appreciate The fact, that
you support more and more Braille devices. For new users I write you
very important fact, which is very often not being presented. Brltty for
Android can enable you to use yours device much more faster and much
more efficiently than while using screen reader with speech. Please keep
in mind, that if you have well learned technique of Braile letters
reading by using two hands at once while reading one line of text, and
if you train this technique very often, you have very good chance to
work much more efficiently than while using speech engines.
Next important fact is, that communication between Brltty service and
Braille display do not allocates so much system resources while using
todays well sounding speech engines. Alsa sound server and kernel
threads, which are responsible for releasing and openning sound channels
are not taking battery energy.
With Brltty, I Am able to use even so complex application which is very
heavy for accessibility apps for detecting texts from window. Scetch
ware app, which is being knownas create your own apps on Google play store.
While using it with Talkback and Espeak, I Am getting very slow
responsiveness even if I use tablet with 2 GB of RAm, 4 core CPU,
Android 6.0.
I have used Espeak from Retzoc, which is being constantly improved. You
can quickly activate various items inside apps by using Braille cursor
routing keys. Brltty generates beeps.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.