[BRLTTY] Brltty for Android tips for new features

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Apr 25 14:03:13 EDT 2018

Dear members of this mailing list.
Since I think, that this project have very big potential, I Am
suggesting you some tips for new features.
Better support for Facebook Messenger all included TABS inside this
application.
Tabs such as people, active, ETC. Brltty display some names of Android
UI class in some circumstances.
One think will note be easy for debugging. But it is very important to
fix it.
When user press button not cursor routing button, but other button for
object navigation with Brltty, Brltty has build in auto repeat function.
So if some button is being hold for some hundreds of milliseconds,
Brltty auto repeated its assigned task. But in some cases, Brltty auto
repeat automatically if user press button for very quick moment. It it
making this problem while using Tieman Braille Voyager connected to USB.
This problem do not exist in Brltty for Linux or for Windows.
The similar problem exist, when user type letters on build in Braille
keyboard. Sure, auto repeat is presented also while using Android
supported eevice with USB external keyboard. But I think, that there is
some hydden little problem while implementing this feature for connected
Braille devices.

Kiss Launcher support.
UI of this launcher uses may be non standard object type for Brltty.
While using Talkback and while swipe from left to right or from right to
left, Brltty do not display The right item on The display. I know, that
coordinating Talkback with Brltty while user uses Explore by touch
Android service with Talkback or other screen reader is not easy.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.