[BRLTTY] how to add support for Brltty X11 driver in Xorg session

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Sat Apr 28 16:26:27 EDT 2018

I have tried to use Brltty to read X session output. I Am aware, that
Brltty is not replacement of full featured screen readers for GTK based
environment, but I would like to test its feature, if it would be usable
for crytical situations, when Orca will crash or when Pulse audio will
not work as it should. Sure, Orca can talk to Brltty by Brlapi.
But I do not know, how to add support for Brltty-X11 driver for AN x
session. And Brltty support GTK based desktops, such as Mate, Gnome,
Lxde and Xfce?
I Am wondering what will happen, if I would try to combine X11 driver in
An x session in combination with Brltty-espeak driver. If Brltty will be
capable to send output to Espeak in X session or if it is not made for
this situation.
I gues, that Brltty in X session can read editable boxes in Run command
for example. By The way it would be very interesting project for An
expert to extent Brltty to also read other elements. Since Brltty have
been made by using C language and so fast screen reader for X
environment would be great tool. But it is complex I know that.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.