[BRLTTY] how to add support for Brltty X11 driver in Xorg session

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Apr 29 11:11:37 EDT 2018

Hello,

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel, le sam. 28 avril 2018 22:26:27 +0200, a ecrit:
> I gues, that Brltty in X session can read editable boxes in Run command for
> example.

Yes. You can run it like this:

brltty -b ba -x a2 -X type=all

so that it will try to read everything it can from X through at-spi-2
(the a2 screen driver), and send it to the brltty daemon through brlapi
(the ba braille driver).

> By The way it would be very interesting project for An expert to
> extent Brltty to also read other elements. Since Brltty have been made by
> using C language and so fast screen reader for X environment would be great
> tool. But it is complex I know that.

Yes, and very much more complex than doing it in Python like Orca does.
It's probably better to spend efforts on fixing Orca (its slowness is
not really due to the use of Python) than rewriting another screen
reader.

Samuel