[BRLTTY] Resending this, I'm a new member to this list, with a few questions and a couple of compliments

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Feb 2 16:40:57 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Charlie on 2018/02/03 at 09:49 +1300]

>I really hope I can get this sorted before Friday next week, it's
>Saturday here right now.  I'm going on a bit of a fun journey for 2
>days (from Friday to Saturday) and need the apex to connect to my
>tablet.  Thanks for everyone's help.

I think I need to be the bearer of bad news, this time. I don't think brltty
has ever been tried with a VoiceNote before, but, since you're referring to it
as an Apex, I'll assume that it works like a BrailleNote Apex. I'm also
assuming that you're wanting to connect it via Bluetooth. This is where the
problem is.

I think the older BrailleNote's (i.e. not the newer BrailleNote Touch models)
are the only ones that can't be used via Bluetooth with brltty. This is because
they use an ancient protocol based on ActiveSync that brltty doesn't support.

I might've actually tried to add support for it but was never able to have one
of those models right here with me so that I could work with it.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |