[BRLTTY] only bad thing about brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Feb 24 09:25:50 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Brian Tew on 2018/02/23 at 16:59 -0600]

>when I am chatting it moves to the next line with each new message as the screen updates.
>So I have to hit space-f to freeze the screen and such.
>
>I wish brltty had a chat mode such that the word On the display does not change every time the screen moves.
>Is such a thing possible?

Yes, it does, but the feature is new in 5.6 (the most recent release). It's
called Track Screen Scroll, which you can find within the Navigation submenu.
When it's enabled, brltty will stay on the current line as it moves up the
screen. You'll hear a short alert tune each time that happens.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |