[BRLTTY] Android BRLTTY crashes + few other issues

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 28 20:22:05 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Robert Pösel on 2018/02/28 at 13:13 +0100]

>a) "D/org.a11y.brltty.android.UsbHelper(14245): permission already
>granted for USB device:" - https://pastebin.com/WA1Jn8f3
> - I see this after clean install without adding braille device

This log has been removed. It's not yet in the latest apk, though. That'll be
done soon.

>b) "E/org.a11y.brltty.android.BluetoothConnection(13290): Bluetooth
>connect failed" - https://pastebin.com/h7BR0q18
> - I see this after I added braille device which is now offline

Unfortunately, it's as I suspected. Android doesn't make a special case for
failing to see a device when trying to connect via Bluetooth. It throws just a
plain old IOException, so I'm reluctant to hide this log. Perhaps it could be
reduced to a debug log, though. I'm thinking about it.

>the "invalid escape sequence" and related errors,

I'm unable to reproduce this one, and am, therefore, not sure why you're
getting it. Could you try reproducing this one with brltty's log level set to
debug?

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |