[BRLTTY] bbraille edge keyboard input and cursor tracking with latest development version of brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 29 09:19:17 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak at gmail.com> on 2018/01/29 at 00:52 -0600]

>Okay I think we have found the problem; I probably should have
>thought of this. I always type /usr/local/bin/screen when I start
>screen. I have screen there because /usr/bin/screen belongs to the
>system and can be updated without me knowing it. So while I am using
>/usr/local/bin/screen, brltty is looking for /usr/bin/screen. What is
>the best way to take care of this?

Have you been able to verify that this is indeed the problem? As a quick test,
you could temporarily rename /usr/bin/screen. If it is the problem, then, as a
fix, you could move /usr/local/bin earlier in the command search path.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |