[BRLTTY] Slow cursor routing

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jun 4 06:43:59 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Vikash Kesarwani on 2018/06/04 at 11:38 +0530]

>    I am running Ubuntu 16.04 on beagleboard, It has an arm processor.

That makes a difference. On Android it's possible to move the cursor directly
to where you want it to be, but that isn't true on Linux. The way it needs to
be done on Linux is to inject arrow key presses, one at a time, and watch where
the cursor goes. Tehre are lots of complications, e.g. wrapped lines, scrolling
screens, status line updates, and programs that, for example, move the cursor
from link to link (as lynx does) ratehr than from character to character.

>I am running brltty 5.4.

There've been updates to cursor routing so you may wish to upgrade to 5.6.

>> brltty plays a specific alert tune when cursor routing ompletes
>> successfully.
>>

>   Is there a way to know this programmatically, since I am also using my
>own braille driver.

Could you give me an idea of what you're wanting to do?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |